Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a twist on the old pasta and steak dinner. Instead of refined pasta and meat, though, there is wholesome wholegrain barley and a delicious vegetarian burger. (Don't roll those eyes, if you cook them the right way they are crispy and delicious!) I use Mother's brand quick cooking barley, Muir Glen Organic brand Italian Herb Pasta Sauce, and Boca Burgers
- Boil water and add barley, boil until all water is absorbed. This is like cooking rice.
- Heat oil in a wide pan and sauté onions until golden; stir into barley.
- Heat sauce in a small pan.
- Brown burgers over high heat until crispy.
- Plate one cup of barley with one burger and cover with one cup of sauce.