Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
I'm going through my old favorites I have written on cards. This Chili is wonderful.
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 carrots, chopped
- 2 cups cabbage, chopped
- 4 cups fresh spinach
- 1⁄2 cup barley
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons chives
- Saute onion, garlic & carrots with seasonings in oil in a large stock pot.
- Add cabbage and cook until softened.
- Add tomatoes, broth, barley, tomato sauce, and fresh spinach.
- Bring to boil and reduce heat to medium to simmer for 40 minutes.