- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1⁄2 small green pepper, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 cup pearl barley
- 3 cups chicken broth, heated
- salt & pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt butter in saucepan, and sauté onion, pepper, and garlic until soft.
- Spray ovenproof casserole with non-stick spray.
- Transfer veggie mixture into casserole.
- Add the barley, heated chicken broth, and coat grains well.
- Season to taste and bake covered casserole for 1 hour.