1/1 Photo of Barley Burger Main Course Soup
This is a wonderful soup!! I sometimes will substitute 1 Lb. Beef Sirloin but in cubes for this soup.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 lb mushroom, sliced
- 1 lb ground beef or 1 lb beef sirloin, cut in cubes
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes or 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 (16 ounce) bag frozen mixed vegetables
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans beef consomme
- 4 cups water
- 1 cup quick-cooking barley
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- salt and pepper
- 1Heat oil in a kettle. Saute onion until they are translucent, stir in garlic and mushrooms and cook 1 minute.
- 2Meanwhile brown hamburger or beef cubes. Drain.
- 3Add beef to onion mixture. Stir in tomatoes and their juice, the consomme and 4 Cups of water, barley, brown sugar, worcestershire sauce, vinegar, pepper and mixed vegetables.
- 4Bring to a boil, reduce heat cover and simmer 10 minutes.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Barley Burger Main Course Soup
Serving Size: 1 (327 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 227.1
- Calories from Fat 78
- Total Fat 8.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 25.7 mg
- Sodium 463.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.6 g
- Sugars 4.7 g
- Protein 13.7 g