1/1 Photo of Barley & Bow Tie Pilaf
1 hr 15 mins
1 hr 5 mins
From Safeway Pearl Barley Package - "This is such a tasty dish and it's effortless to prepare because the farfalle pasta (bow ties) bakes right along with the barley. It makes a nice change of pace from rice and potatoes, with any meat, poultry, fish or vegetarian meal." Pilaf may be refrigerated overnight. Bring to room temperature and reheat in the microwave
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2In a large skillet over moderately high heat, melt butter.
- 3Saute barely until lightly toasted, about 5 minutes.
- 4Slowly stir in broth and bring to a boil.
- 5Transfer to an ungreased 3 quart round casserole dish.
- 6bake covered for 20 minutes.
- 7Stir in green onions, pasta, salt and pepper.
- 8Continue baking, covered, for 20 more minutes or until barley is tender.
- 9Uncover and bake for 5-10 more minutes, or until all liquid is absorbed.
Browse Our Top Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Barley & Bow Tie Pilaf
Serving Size: 1 (214 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 376.1
- Calories from Fat 70
- Total Fat 7.8 g
- Saturated Fat 4.1 g
- Cholesterol 15.2 mg
- Sodium 784.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 63.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.3 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 13.3 g