Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
These are so moist and delicious!
Make and share this Barley Beef Burgers recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup quick-cooking barley
- 1⁄2 small onion, cut in half
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 lb lean ground beef
- 2 hamburger buns, split
- In a small saucepan, bring water to a boil. Stir in barley. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until barley is tender. Remove from heat; let stand for 5 minutes. Cool slightly.
- In a food processor; combine onion and barley; cover and process until finely chopped. In a small bowl, combine the barbecue sauce, flour, salt, pepper and barley mixture. Crumble beef over mixture; mix well. Shape into two patties.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat for 5-6 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145 degrees; medium, 160 degrees; well-done, 170 degrees). Serve on buns.