Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 hrs 30 mins
Very simple slow cooker recipes. Feel free to adjust herbs to what you have in your garden or in your pantry. Uses canned mushrooms for ease, but fresh would taste great. Fits in a 1.5 quart Crockpot. Add extra broth for soup.
- 1⁄2 Spanish onion
- 2 -3 celery ribs, leaves included
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 sprig fresh thyme
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- 1 sprig fresh savory
- 1⁄2 cup pot barley
- 1⁄2 cup dried red lentils
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 (10 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed (optional)
- Tabasco sauce (optional)
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- Combine onion, garlic, celery, and herbs in food processor; pulse until finely chopped.
- Place chopped vegetables, barley, broth, lentils, mushrooms, paprika, and fennel seeds (if using) in Crockpot. Add salt, pepper, and Tabasco to taste.
- Cook on high for 2 1/2 hours.