1/1 Photo of Barley Asparagus Risotto
Melinda #2's Note:
Yum! Healthy, delicious and guilt free. Plus a good reason to open a bottle of white wine! A vegan or vegetarian dish. You can use parmesan cheese at the end if you are not Vegan.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Warm the broth in a saucepan over low heat.
- 2In a large saute pan heat the oil over med-high heat. Saute onion and garlic (careful not to scorch the garlic).
- 3Add the barley and cook, stirring constantly, for about 2 - 3 minutes.
- 4Add the wine and cook until the liquid is absorbed. Add the broth, about 1/2 cup at a time, stirring occasionally and waiting until it absorbed before adding more.
- 5Meanwhile, in a saute pan, heat 2 tbsp olive oil. Saute the asparagus until bright green and slightly tender, about 3-4 minutes. Stir in arugula.
- 6Once the broth is completely absorbed in the risotto, add the asparagus, season with salt and pepper.
- 8Option: (For non-vegan): Stir in 3/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese, just before serving.
Browse Our Top Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Barley Asparagus Risotto
Serving Size: 1 (280 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 283.1
- Calories from Fat 54
- Total Fat 6.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 34.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.6 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 10.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: