1/6 Photos of Barley and Tuna Salad With Lemon and Dill
2 hrs 20 mins
Not sure where I found this but it was on my computer and still looks good to me. With summer coming salad entrees that require little or no cooking work especially well. Cook some barley one night for dinner and reserve some to make this the next day. Though this is good after a couple of hours, it's even better the next day as the dill flavor really infuses the dish and the tuna flavor mellows. (Please don't eat this right away, not very tasty.) For WW followers, this is Core or 3 points for Flexers. Cooking time is minimum chilling time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups cooked barley
- 2/3 cup celery, medium diced
- 1/3 cup plum tomato, seeded and diced
- 2/3 cup cucumber, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1/3-1/2 cup red onion, chopped
- 8 3/8 ounces tuna in water, drained (2 regular sized cans)
- 1Combine salad ingredients together in a large bowl.
- 2Whisk together dressing ingredients in small bowl. Pour on salad and toss to coat.
- 3Refrigerate a minimum of 2 hours (stated cooking time) to blend flavors.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Barley and Tuna Salad With Lemon and Dill
Serving Size: 1 (177 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 178.5
- Calories from Fat 41
- Total Fat 4.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 20.9 mg
- Sodium 318.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 13.6 g