Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
Delicious, chewy and satisfying combination that takes about an hour. It's been in my recipe box many years, so I don't know where I found it originally.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2⁄3 cup barley
- 1 garlic clove
- 1⁄4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 1⁄2 cups cherry tomatoes, cut in halves
- 1 1⁄2 cups clam broth or 1 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 8 ounces shrimp
- 1⁄2 cup peas
- Heat first three ingredients 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in parsley, turmeric, tomatoes, broth and wine. Cover and simmer 35 minutes.
- Arrange shrimp and peas over barley, cover and cook for 10 minutes.