Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
The Vegetarian Kitchen Table Cookbook Serves 4
- 2 ears corn
- 2⁄3 cup pearl barley
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 large red endives, chopped
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄3 cup chopped toasted macadamia nuts
- In large pot of boiling water, cook corn. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Meanwhile, cook barley until tender. Drain and let cool. Sprinkle with olive oil.
- Cut corn off cobs. Add barley and endive to corn. Add vinegar and season with salt and pepper to taste. Sprinkle with macadamia nuts.