Prep 15 mins
Cook 7 mins
MMmmm that garlic really starts folks inhaling and barking. This cauliflower is so tasty you will wonder why you never made it before. This is definately a Garlic lovers recipe.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 slice white bread or 1 slice whole wheat bread, processed into fresh crumbs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- Steam the cauliflower until just tender (leave some crunch in it) apprx 5 minutes, remove and keep warm.
- Meanwhile combine the crumbs, herbs, salt& pepper.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a skillet and add the garlic, saute until the garlic is golden but not too brown.
- Stir in the crumbs.
- Toss the crumb mixture with the cauliflower and the remaining oil.
Served this when my sister visited, didn't know her husband hated cauliflower! He had 3 helpings before he asked what it was. For the life of me I don't know what he thought it was as he was eating it, cause it looked like cauliflower! He told my sister he still hated cauliflower, but if she wanted to make this he'd eat it:)
Having been abandoned last night by my entire family (can I help it if they all have other plan?) I decided to comfort myself and indulge in a little (or a lot) of garlicky cauliflower. I used my own mix of spices, including some red pepper flakes and a little curry powder. A must for lovers of cruciferous foods! Thanks Bergy, another keeper!
Bark!! Bark!! Bark!! This is one lovely recipe for anyone that loves garlic!!! Didn't change a thing, except to cut it back for two. We will be barking again soon, thanks for a keeper Bergy!!