Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
In an unscientific taste test, 4 out of 5 dogs preferred homemade Barkin' Bars over store-bought bars!
- 6 cups oatmeal
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 4 large eggs
- 2 ounces crumbled Grape-nuts cereal or 2 ounces Cheerios toasted oat cereal
- 4 slices bacon, fried to a crisp and crumbled
- 3 ounces bacon grease (add some oil if needed)
- 1⁄3 cup honey
- 2 ounces molasses
- 1 cup milk
- peanut butter
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed, drained and mashed (optional)
- 2 -3 mashed bananas (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Fetch 2 cookie sheets and grease them.
- Dump everything into a HUMONGOUS bowl and mix thoroughly.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough mixture into approximately ½-inch thick oblong sheets.
- Place dough onto greased cookie sheets and, using a pizza cutter or knife, score into whatever size cookies you like.
- Bake at 325° for 1 hour.
- After an hour, turn oven off, crack oven door open, and allow cookies to cool in oven.
- Break at the scored lines.
- Say “Woof”!. These freeze really well.