Recipe by Mille®
In an unscientific taste test, 4 out of 5 dogs preferred homemade Barkin' Bars over store-bought bars!
Top Review by Denise Morris
I have 2 dogs, they both agree that these bisquits are much better than the store bought kind.My husband ate one also thinking they were cookies for him, he thought they were good, but just a little on the dry side.
- 6 cups oatmeal
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 4 large eggs
- 2 ounces crumbled Grape-nuts cereal or 2 ounces Cheerios toasted oat cereal
- 4 slices bacon, fried to a crisp and crumbled
- 3 ounces bacon grease (add some oil if needed)
- 1⁄3 cup honey
- 2 ounces molasses
- 1 cup milk
- peanut butter
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed, drained and mashed (optional)
- 2 -3 mashed bananas (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Fetch 2 cookie sheets and grease them.
- Dump everything into a HUMONGOUS bowl and mix thoroughly.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough mixture into approximately ½-inch thick oblong sheets.
- Place dough onto greased cookie sheets and, using a pizza cutter or knife, score into whatever size cookies you like.
- Bake at 325° for 1 hour.
- After an hour, turn oven off, crack oven door open, and allow cookies to cool in oven.
- Break at the scored lines.
- Say “Woof”!. These freeze really well.