Prep 50 mins
Cook 10 mins
A wonderful whole (partial) wheat dough that is light and crisp when cooked... We first had this at Barker's farm in Northern Virginia with an organic salad - it rocked!
- 3 tablespoons water, lukewarm
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1⁄4 ounce dry yeast
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white sugar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup white flour
- 2 tablespoons white flour
- Combine water and milk and add yeast and sugar.
- Stir to dissolve and let rest about 5 minutes.
- Mix in olive oil, salt, and wheat flour.
- Add white flour to a workable dough.
- Knead about 5 minutes and form into a ball.
- Place in a boil that's been "oiled" with about 1/2 tbsp olive oil.
- Cover with damp towl and let rise in a warm place for 40 minutes.
- Punch down dough and form to fit pan and sauce and "top".
- Bake 500 F for 8-10 minutes.