Recipe by OceanLuvinGranny
I found this on the back of a box of Barilla Rotini Pasta. We lilked it so I am posting iit. I added 3 ribs of celery sliced, 1 medium green bell pepper chopped, sliced black olives and petitte diced tomatoes in juice. But it is very good the way it was and that is the way I posted it. You can add whatever your family likes to your own tastes. If you cannot find Barilla pasta in your area, just use your favorite curly, twisty pasta. We like the Barilla brand because it always cooks perfectly and is never mushy or "fall apart."
- 1 (1 lb) boxbarilla rotini pasta
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced
- salt and black pepper
- 16 ounces cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1⁄2 cup ricotta salata, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring a large pot of water to boil.
- In a large skillet, heal half of the oil and saute' shallots for 3 minutes.
- Add zucchini and season with salt and pepper. Saute for 3 minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes and cook for 2 additional minutes.
- Cook pasta according to pkg. directions.
- Drain and toss with sauteed ingredients in skillet.
- Stir in remaining oil and topo with the ricotta salata cheese before serving.