Recipe by Monica in PA
This is the best lasagna ever!! The noodles are so nice and thin and there is NO PREBOILING!! I will never purchase any other lasagna other than Barilla. I've been making this now for 3 years and everyone agrees--the recipe makes the very best! The instructions are right on the back of the lasagna box. I usually make multiple batches and freeze them. Its a great housewarming or "new baby" meal for a friend!
Top Review by Foofoo Sullivan
I'm not going to rate this since I didn't try your recipe but wanted to pass on a hint to those who use the no boil noodles. The noodle are a great invention but I suggest using more sauce than you usually would in your traditional recipies and consider cooking your lasagna covered for at least half of your cooking time. The extra moisture will reduce the chewiness that can result by using the no boil noodles. Definitly a lot quicker than making the traditional way.
- 1 (9 ounce) boxbarilla no-boil lasagna noodles
- 2 eggs
- 1 (15 ounce) container ricotta cheese
- 4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese (optional)
- 1 lb ground beef or 1 lb sausage, browned
- 2 (24 ounce) jars spaghetti sauce or 2 (24 ounce) jars pasta sauce
- parsley (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375.
- In bowl, combine beaten eggs, ricotta cheese and TWO cups of the mozzarella cheese and parmesan.
- If you choose not to use the parmesan, just add more mozzarella.
- Set aside.
- In a 13X9X3 pan, spread 1 cup of sauce on bottom of pan.
- Layer in the order, 4 uncooked lasagna noodles (they will overlap), then 1/3 part of the ricotta cheese mixture, half the browned meat, 1 cup mozzarella cheese, and 1 cup of spaghetti sauce.
- Next layer, 4 uncooked lasagna noodles, 1/3 part of the ricotta cheese mixture, and 1 1/2 Cups sauce.
- Next layer, 4 uncooked lasagna noodles, remaining ricotta mixture and remained meat, 1 cup of sauce.
- For top layer, 4 uncooked lasagna noodles, remaining sauce, and remaining 1 cup mozzarella.
- Bake covered with foil for 50-60 minutes.
- Uncover and continue cooking until all the cheese is melted on the top (about 5 minutes).
- Let stand 15 minutes before serving.
- If you are using a 13X9X2 pan---just make 3 layers to avoid boiling over.