1/2 Photos of Bargain Hunters Board Christmas Crack
Red Hook's Note:
This is the best thing I've ever tasted, brought to me a few years back by Babycenter.com's Amazing and Wonderful Bargain Hunters Board! The BHB and I go waaaaay back. I remember my first day, 4 years ago. I reported the board for trolls. LMAO. Preparation time is hands on time, cooking time includes freezer cooling.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Line a jelly roll pan with parchment or wax paper.
- 3Place the saltines neatly in the pan, not overlapping. The pan should hold 40 crackers pretty neatly. I break the last row in half to fit tightly.
- 4Melt the butter and add the brown sugar. Keep on med-hi to hi and stir constantly for 5 minutes exactly.
- 5BE AWARE that hot sugar is really fracking hot. Don't consider touching it.
- 6Pour the sugar mixture onto the saltines and spread out over all the crackers. I use a frosting spreader. Use a fork to move any wayward crackers back in line.
- 7Put in in the oven for 3-5 minutes.
- 8Pull out and let sit for a minute, then empty the bag of chocolate chips all over the top. Back in the oven for a minute, then spread out the now melty yumminess.
- 9Sprinkle some salt on top. This is optional. In some universes, I guess.
- 10Put it in the freezer for 30 minutes or let it sit out for hours. It's a pretty easy decision for me, really.
- 11Break up into cracker sized pieces.
- 12Hide in the closet and eat 10 pieces before letting anyone know you made them.
Browse Our Top Candy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bargain Hunters Board Christmas Crack
Serving Size: 1 (21 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 40
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 109.8
- Calories from Fat 66
- Total Fat 7.4 g
- Saturated Fat 4.4 g
- Cholesterol 12.2 mg
- Sodium 76.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 8.7 g
- Protein 0.7 g