Recipe by Banriona
These pumpkin pie inspired bars fly away quickly, so get them while you can! They are an excellent addition to any lunchbox or dessert tray.
Top Review by Coffee lover
These are full of flavor. I followed to recipe to a T, the only thing I would do next time is cut the flour back a bit. Other then that I really liked these. Made for The new Kids on the Block tag Feb, 2010.
- 1 1⁄3 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar, divided
- 3⁄4 cup butter, cold
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats, uncooked
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3 eggs
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin pie filling
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F Grease 13x9-inch foil lined baking pan.
- Mix flour, brown sugar and 1/2 of the granulated sugar in medium bowl; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in oats and pecans. Set aside 1 Cup of the sugar/oat mixture, press remaining mixture into bottom of greased pan. Bake 15 minutes.
- Beat cream cheese, remaining 1/2 cup sugar, eggs and pumpkin pie filling in small bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Pour over crust; sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture.
- Bake 25 minutes. Remove from pan and cool completely on wire rack. Cut into 24 bars.