Recipe by BecR
A great summery dessert that is perfectly good on it's own or over angel food or pound cake, with a dollop of whipped cream, or over a couple scoops of vanilla ice cream. Adapted from Ina Garten's "Barefoot Contessa Back to Basics".
- 7 ounces Greek yogurt (recommended -- Fage Total)
- 1⁄3 cup good bottled lemon curd
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups sliced strawberries (1 pint)
- 1 cup raspberries (1/2 pint)
- 1 cup blueberries (1/2 pint)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons limoncello
- 1 banana, sliced
- fresh mint sprig, for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- For the Lemon Yogurt Topping:
- Whisk together the yogurt, lemon curd, honey and vanilla. Set aside at room temperature.
- For the Fruit Salad:
- Carefully toss together the strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, sugar and limoncello. Allow them to stand at room temperature for about 5 minutes to let the berries macerate with the sugar and liqueur. Gently fold the banana into the mixture.
- Serve bowls of fruit with a dollop of lemon yogurt on top. Top each with a sprig of fresh mint.