1/3 Photos of Barefoot Contessa's Vegetable Tian ( Ina Garten )
1 hr 25 mins
1 hr 5 mins
We had this for Thanksgiving 2005 . It was wonderful!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- olive oil
- 2 large yellow onions, cut in half and sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb medium round potato, unpeeled
- 3/4 lb zucchini
- 1 1/4 lbs medium tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leave, plus extra
- fresh thyme sprig
- 2 ounces gruyere cheese, grated
- 1Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- 2Brush a 9 by 13 by 2-inch baking dish with olive oil.
- 3In a medium saute pan, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil and cook the onions over medium-low heat for 8 to 10 minutes, until translucent.
- 4Add the garlic and cook for another minute. Spread the onion mixture on the bottom of the baking dish.
- 5Slice the potatoes, zucchini, and tomatoes in 1/4-inch thick slices.
- 6Layer them alternately in the dish on top of the onions, fitting them tightly, making only 1 layer.
- 7Sprinkle with salt, pepper, thyme leaves, and thyme sprigs and drizzle with 1 more tablespoon of olive oil.
- 8Cover the dish with aluminum foil and bake for 35 to 40 minutes, until the potatoes are tender.
- 9Uncover the dish, remove the thyme sprigs, sprinkle the cheese on top, and bake for another 30 minutes until browned.
- 10Serve warm.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Barefoot Contessa's Vegetable Tian ( Ina Garten )
Serving Size: 1 (216 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 109.8
- Calories from Fat 24
- Total Fat 2.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 7.8 mg
- Sodium 253.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 5.0 g
- Protein 4.9 g