Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr 45 mins
This is an Ina Garten recipe from the Barefoot Contessa Cookbook. My husband is fussy about his meatloaf, but really likes the texture and flavor of this.
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- Saute onions in olive oil until translucent, about 15 minutes.
- Add salt, pepper, thyme, Worcestershire sauce, chicken stock and tomato paste and mix well.
- Allow to cool to room temperature.
- Combine ground turkey, bread crumbs, egg and onion mixture in a large bowl.
- Mix wll and shape into a rectangular loaf on an ungreased sheet pan.
- Spread the ketchup evenly on top.
- Bake for 1 1/2 hours until the internal temperature is 160F and the meatloaf is cooked through.
This is absolutely delicious! The nutrition information is based on 8 servings, which is incorrect. This recipe should makes about 25 servings. I made mine into 5 - 1 lb. meatloaves. You can also make sure you are buying the best ingredients to include (ground turkey breast, whole wheat bread crumbs, and low-sodium ingredients).
Perfect! This is so very delicious and everyone LOVES it! I do add mustard to the ketchup topping but that is my only change. I can't say enough good things about this recipe. I have to agree with the previous review about the onions, it is a large amount but it does make this meatloaf delicious by keeping it moist and adding flavor.
I saw this on Ina Garten's Food Tv show and really had to try it. I have never eaten meatloaf, let alone made it- but this seemed like something my husband would really like. I used ground chicken instead of turkey and easily halved the recipe. This recipe makes an ENORMOUS amount of meatloaf. Even halved, I was able to feed five people and still have more than 1/3 left over. I served this with linguine and tomato-ginger sauce on the side. Very homey, very delicious! Thanks for posting.