Cook1 hr 45 mins
This is an Ina Garten recipe from the Barefoot Contessa Cookbook. My husband is fussy about his meatloaf, but really likes the texture and flavor of this.
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- Saute onions in olive oil until translucent, about 15 minutes.
- Add salt, pepper, thyme, Worcestershire sauce, chicken stock and tomato paste and mix well.
- Allow to cool to room temperature.
- Combine ground turkey, bread crumbs, egg and onion mixture in a large bowl.
- Mix wll and shape into a rectangular loaf on an ungreased sheet pan.
- Spread the ketchup evenly on top.
- Bake for 1 1/2 hours until the internal temperature is 160F and the meatloaf is cooked through.
This is absolutely delicious! The nutrition information is based on 8 servings, which is incorrect. This recipe should makes about 25 servings. I made mine into 5 - 1 lb. meatloaves. You can also make sure you are buying the best ingredients to include (ground turkey breast, whole wheat bread crumbs, and low-sodium ingredients).
Perfect! This is so very delicious and everyone LOVES it! I do add mustard to the ketchup topping but that is my only change. I can't say enough good things about this recipe. I have to agree with the previous review about the onions, it is a large amount but it does make this meatloaf delicious by keeping it moist and adding flavor.
I saw this on Ina Garten's Food Tv show and really had to try it. I have never eaten meatloaf, let alone made it- but this seemed like something my husband would really like. I used ground chicken instead of turkey and easily halved the recipe. This recipe makes an ENORMOUS amount of meatloaf. Even halved, I was able to feed five people and still have more than 1/3 left over. I served this with linguine and tomato-ginger sauce on the side. Very homey, very delicious! Thanks for posting.