Recipe by Ms B.
This is an Ina Garten recipe from the Barefoot Contessa Cookbook. My husband is fussy about his meatloaf, but really likes the texture and flavor of this.
Top Review by dka
This is absolutely delicious! The nutrition information is based on 8 servings, which is incorrect. This recipe should makes about 25 servings. I made mine into 5 - 1 lb. meatloaves. You can also make sure you are buying the best ingredients to include (ground turkey breast, whole wheat bread crumbs, and low-sodium ingredients).
- 3 cups chopped yellow onions
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄3 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 3⁄4 cup chicken stock
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons tomato paste
- 5 lbs ground turkey
- 1 1⁄2 cups plain breadcrumbs
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 3⁄4 cup ketchup
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- Saute onions in olive oil until translucent, about 15 minutes.
- Add salt, pepper, thyme, Worcestershire sauce, chicken stock and tomato paste and mix well.
- Allow to cool to room temperature.
- Combine ground turkey, bread crumbs, egg and onion mixture in a large bowl.
- Mix wll and shape into a rectangular loaf on an ungreased sheet pan.
- Spread the ketchup evenly on top.
- Bake for 1 1/2 hours until the internal temperature is 160F and the meatloaf is cooked through.