Cook1 hr 45 mins
This is an Ina Garten recipe from the Barefoot Contessa Cookbook. My husband is fussy about his meatloaf, but really likes the texture and flavor of this.
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- Saute onions in olive oil until translucent, about 15 minutes.
- Add salt, pepper, thyme, Worcestershire sauce, chicken stock and tomato paste and mix well.
- Allow to cool to room temperature.
- Combine ground turkey, bread crumbs, egg and onion mixture in a large bowl.
- Mix wll and shape into a rectangular loaf on an ungreased sheet pan.
- Spread the ketchup evenly on top.
- Bake for 1 1/2 hours until the internal temperature is 160F and the meatloaf is cooked through.