Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Adapted from The Barefoot Contessa Cookbook, 1999. This wonderful dip is just as good as the original, using lower fat versions of cream cheese, sour cream, and mayonnaise. I bet you can't tell the difference!
- 59.14 ml sun-dried tomato packed in oil, drained and chopped (8 tomatoes)
- 226.79 g neufchatel cheese, room temperature (1/3 lower fat)
- 118.29 ml light sour cream
- 118.29 ml light mayonnaise
- 2.5 ml Tabasco sauce
- 4.92 ml kosher salt
- 3.69 ml fresh ground black pepper
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced (white and green parts)
- Puree the tomatoes, cream cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise, Tabasco sauce, salt, and pepper in a food processor fitted with a metal blade.
- Add the scallions and pulse twice.
- Serve at room temperature.
I had all of the ingredients on hand so I thought I'd try it today. MMM. Delicious. Thanks for the recipe.
Fabulous crowd-pleaser dip! I served this with pita chips and everyone commented on how tasty it was. Made as posted, without the hot sauce. Definitely a keeper!
Tasty! I made this for a party just as posted with all the lighter products and everyone loved it - ate it up in a hurry. Great sun dried tomato flavor and I like the green onions in this. I served it with wheat thin crackers. Serving at room temperature allows the full flavor to come out. Thanks for posting, Juenessa, I'll make this one again!