1 hr 15 mins
A delicious thick soup. Perfect for fall and winter.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a medium bowl, cover the beans with water by at least 1 inch and leave them in the refrigerator for 6 hours or overnight. Drain.
- 2In a large stockpot over low to medium heat, saute the onions with the olive oil until the onions are translucent, 10 to 15 minutes.
- 3Add the garlic and cook over low heat for 3 more minutes.
- 4Add the drained white beans, rosemary, chicken stock, and bay leaf. Cover, bring to a boil, and simmer for 30 to 40 minutes, until the beans are very soft.
- 5Remove the rosemary branch and the bay leaf. Pass the soup through the coarsest blade of a food mill, or place in the bowl of a food processor fitted with a steel blade and pulse until coarsely pureed.
- 6Return the soup to the pot to reheat and add salt and pepper to taste. Serve hot.
Browse Our Top Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Barefoot Contessa's Rosemary White Bean Soup
Serving Size: 1 (514 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 740.1
- Calories from Fat 183
- Total Fat 20.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.5 g
- Cholesterol 14.3 mg
- Sodium 1590.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 101.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 30.6 g
- Sugars 16.9 g
- Protein 40.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: