Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A delicious thick soup. Perfect for fall and winter.
Make and share this Barefoot Contessa's Rosemary White Bean Soup recipe from Food.com.
- In a medium bowl, cover the beans with water by at least 1 inch and leave them in the refrigerator for 6 hours or overnight. Drain.
- In a large stockpot over low to medium heat, saute the onions with the olive oil until the onions are translucent, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook over low heat for 3 more minutes.
- Add the drained white beans, rosemary, chicken stock, and bay leaf. Cover, bring to a boil, and simmer for 30 to 40 minutes, until the beans are very soft.
- Remove the rosemary branch and the bay leaf. Pass the soup through the coarsest blade of a food mill, or place in the bowl of a food processor fitted with a steel blade and pulse until coarsely pureed.
- Return the soup to the pot to reheat and add salt and pepper to taste. Serve hot.