1/4 Photos of Barefoot Contessa's Roasted Shrimp and Orzo
Another simple yet delicious dish from Ina Garten.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- kosher salt
- olive oil
- 3/4 lb orzo pasta (rice-shaped pasta)
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice (3 lemons)
- fresh ground black pepper
- 2 lbs shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup minced scallion, white and green parts
- 1 cup chopped fresh dill
- 1 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 hothouse cucumber, unpeeled, seeded, and medium-diced
- 1/2 cup small-diced red onion
- 3/4 lb good feta cheese, large diced
- 1Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- 2Fill a large pot with water, add 1 tablespoon of salt and a splash of oil, and bring the water to a boil.
- 3Add the orzo and simmer for 9 to 11 minutes, stirring occasionally, until it's cooked al dente.
- 4Drain and pour into a large bowl.
- 5Whisk together the lemon juice, 1/2 cup olive oil, 2 teaspoons salt and 1 teaspoon of pepper.
- 6Pour over the hot pasta and stir well.
- 7Meanwhile, place the shrimp on a sheet pan, drizzle with olive oil, and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- 8Toss to combine and spread out in a single layer.
- 9Roast for 5 to 6 minutes, until the shrimp are cooked through.
- 10Don't overcook!
- 11Add the shrimp to the orzo and then add the scallions, dill, parsley, cucumber, onion, 2 teaspoons salt, and 1 teaspoon pepper.
- 12Toss well.
- 13Add the feta and stir carefully.
- 14Set aside at room temperature for 1 hour to allow the flavors to blend, or refrigerate overnight.
- 15If refrigerated, taste again for seasonings and bring back to room temperature before serving.
- 16**Cook time does not include setting aside for 1 hour to allow flavors to blend.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Barefoot Contessa's Roasted Shrimp and Orzo
Serving Size: 1 (377 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 568.5
- Calories from Fat 142
- Total Fat 15.8 g
- Saturated Fat 9.0 g
- Cholesterol 369.3 mg
- Sodium 2080.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 6.2 g
- Protein 51.1 g