Another simple yet delicious dish from Ina Garten.
Make and share this Barefoot Contessa's Roasted Shrimp and Orzo recipe from Food.com.
- kosher salt
- olive oil
- 3⁄4 lb orzo pasta (rice-shaped pasta)
- 1⁄2 cup fresh lemon juice (3 lemons)
- fresh ground black pepper
- 2 lbs shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup minced scallion, white and green parts
- 1 cup chopped fresh dill
- 1 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 hothouse cucumber, unpeeled, seeded, and medium-diced
- 1⁄2 cup small-diced red onion
- 3⁄4 lb good feta cheese, large diced
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Fill a large pot with water, add 1 tablespoon of salt and a splash of oil, and bring the water to a boil.
- Add the orzo and simmer for 9 to 11 minutes, stirring occasionally, until it's cooked al dente.
- Drain and pour into a large bowl.
- Whisk together the lemon juice, 1/2 cup olive oil, 2 teaspoons salt and 1 teaspoon of pepper.
- Pour over the hot pasta and stir well.
- Meanwhile, place the shrimp on a sheet pan, drizzle with olive oil, and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Toss to combine and spread out in a single layer.
- Roast for 5 to 6 minutes, until the shrimp are cooked through.
- Don't overcook!
- Add the shrimp to the orzo and then add the scallions, dill, parsley, cucumber, onion, 2 teaspoons salt, and 1 teaspoon pepper.
- Toss well.
- Add the feta and stir carefully.
- Set aside at room temperature for 1 hour to allow the flavors to blend, or refrigerate overnight.
- If refrigerated, taste again for seasonings and bring back to room temperature before serving.
- **Cook time does not include setting aside for 1 hour to allow flavors to blend.