1/2 Photos of Barefoot Contessa's Roasted Pepper and Goat Cheese Sandwiches
I had seen Ina Garten prepare this sandwich on one of her Barefoot Contessa episodes. It looked to die for, and when I finally had time to try it, my suspicions were confirmed. It is so flavorful and just down right yummy. She also prepared a Fresh Pea soup to pair with it, I can't wait to try that, too.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 large red bell peppers, may substitute yellow
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 1 large ciabatta, halved horizontally
- 1 (11 ounce) garlic and herb goat cheese, at room temperature
- 8 -10 large basil leaves
- 3 slices red onions, very thin
- kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1Preheat the oven to 500 degrees F.
- 2Place the whole peppers on a sheet pan and place in the oven for 30 to 40 minutes, until the skins are completely wrinkled and the peppers are charred, turning them twice during roasting. Remove the pan from the oven and immediately cover it tightly with aluminum foil. Set aside for 30 minutes, or until the peppers are cool enough to handle.
- 3Meanwhile, combine the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic, salt, and pepper in a small bowl. Set aside.
- 4Remove the stem from each pepper and cut them in quarters. Remove the peels and seeds and place the peppers in a bowl along with any juices that have collected. Discard the stems, peels, and seeds. Pour the oil and vinegar mixture over the peppers. Stir in the capers. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for a few hours to allow the flavors to blend.
- 5To assemble the sandwiches, spread the bottom half of the loaf with the goat cheese. Add a layer of peppers and then a layer of basil leaves. Separate the onions into rings and spread out on top. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cover with the top half of the ciabatta and cut into individual servings.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Barefoot Contessa's Roasted Pepper and Goat Cheese Sandwiches
Serving Size: 1 (133 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 124.0
- Calories from Fat 66
- Total Fat 7.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1008.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 7.9 g
- Protein 2.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
garlic and herb goat cheese