Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 2 1⁄2 lbs curly kale or 2 bunches curly kale
- 1⁄4 cup spitiko olive oil
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 -2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon fleur de sel
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Arrange 3 oven racks evenly spaced on the oven.
- Lay each kale leaf on a board and, with a small sharp knife, cut out the hard stem. Tear leaves in half.
- Place the kale in a large bowl of water and wash it well. Drain the kale and dry it in a salad spinner. Dry the bowl and put the kale back in the bowl.
- Toss the kale with the olive oil, 1 t kosher salt and 1/2 t black pepper.
- Divide the kale among 3 sheet pans or roast them in batches.
- If you put too much kale on one pan, it will steam rather than roast and will never become crisp.
- Roast for 15 minutes, until crisp. Sprinkle with fleur de sel and serve hot.
Definitely the best cooking method - makes it crispy and scrummy. I used mustard greens, but all the greens are great this way. Serving size is generous; I scaled this down, but think the amount the recipe calls for can probably feed 2-4 times the number of people listed (and we are big veggie eaters).