Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Make and share this Barefoot Contessa's "Foolproof" Crispy Roasted Kale recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Arrange 3 oven racks evenly spaced on the oven.
- Lay each kale leaf on a board and, with a small sharp knife, cut out the hard stem. Tear leaves in half.
- Place the kale in a large bowl of water and wash it well. Drain the kale and dry it in a salad spinner. Dry the bowl and put the kale back in the bowl.
- Toss the kale with the olive oil, 1 t kosher salt and 1/2 t black pepper.
- Divide the kale among 3 sheet pans or roast them in batches.
- If you put too much kale on one pan, it will steam rather than roast and will never become crisp.
- Roast for 15 minutes, until crisp. Sprinkle with fleur de sel and serve hot.