Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
From Barefoot in Paris.
- 2 lbs red plums, cut in 1/2, pitted, and cut in 1-inch wedges
- 2⁄3 cup granulated sugar, divided
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1⁄2 pint fresh raspberry
- 1⁄3 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 8 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, diced
- 1⁄2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1⁄2 cup sliced almonds, plus extra
- sliced almonds, for sprinkling
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine the sliced plums, 1/3 cup of the granulated sugar, 1/4 cup of the flour, and the orange juice and toss well.
- Add the raspberries and toss lightly.
- Pour into a 9 by 12 by 2-inch baking dish.
- For the topping, place the remaining 1 cup of flour, the remaining 1/3 cup of granulated sugar, the brown sugar, and the salt in the bowl of a food processor fitted with a steel blade and pulse a few times to combine.
- Add the butter and pulse until the butter is the size of peas.
- Pour the mixture into a bowl, add the oats, and work it with your hands until it's in large crumbles.
- Add 1/2 cup of the almonds and mix well.
- Spread the topping evenly over the plums, making sure the fruit is covered.
- Sprinkle with some extra almonds.
- Bake for 40 minutes, or until the fruit is tender and bubbly and the topping is golden brown.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.