Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
I saw Ina make this on her food network television show entitled "Breakfast In, Breakfast Out".
- 4 cups plain yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1⁄4 cup good honey
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons grated orange zest
- 1⁄2-1 cup peach nectar
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
- 1 peach, peeled and diced
- 1⁄2 pint fresh raspberry
- Line a sieve with cheesecloth or paper towels and suspend it over a bowl.
- Pour the yogurt into the sieve and allow it to drain, refrigerated, for 3 hours or overnight.
- Place the thickened yogurt into a medium bowl and add the almonds (reserving 1 tablespoon for the garnish), honey, vanilla, and orange zest.
- Thin with 1/2 to 1 cup of peach nectar until it is a desirable consistency.
- Add the raisins, peach (reserving 1 tablespoon for garnish) and raspberries (reserving 2 tablespoons for garnish).
- Garnish with the reserved almonds, peach and raspberries.
- **Cook time does not include draining yogurt for 3 hours or overnight.
Excellent yogurt for the non-yogurt eater. I never could eat yogurt until I tried this recipe. Store bought flavored yogurt has a sour taste that I do not care for. But this recipe is wonderful and is great as is. You can also adapt with different add-ins for new flavor combinations. Try different fruit nectars (strawberry, orange juice, etc.), extracts (almond extract is good), fresh or frozen fruits (blueberries, cherries, banana, etc.) I also have used dried cranberries and golden raisins in place of raisins. Another great recipe from Ina Garten.