Recipe by Juenessa
Adapted from Barefoot Contessa Family Style Cookbook, 2002. Roasted asparagus is so yummy and is good with or without the cheese, so you decide!
- 2 1⁄2 lbs fresh asparagus (about 30 large)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt or 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground lemon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese or 1⁄2 cup asiago cheese or 1⁄2 cup romano cheese
- 2 lemons, cut in wedges for serving (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- If the stalks of the asparagus are thick, peel the bottom half of each or break the bottom part off.
- Combine all the ingredients, except the cheese, in a bowl.
- After combining, arrange the asparagus on a parchment-lined baking sheet in a single layer.
- Roast for 15 to 20 minutes, until tender.
- Sprinkle with the cheese and return to the oven for another minute.
- Serve with lemon wedges.
- **Ina Garten prefers thick asparagus to thin ones; as they have more flavor.