Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
From Barefoot Contessa Family Style cookbook.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts (3 to 4)
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 extra-large eggs
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- unsalted butter
- olive oil
- bamboo skewers (6 to 10 inches long) or ice-cream stick
- Lay the chicken breasts on a cutting board and slice each diagonally into 4 or 5 large strips.
- Combine the flour, salt, and pepper on a dinner plate.
- Beat the eggs with 1 tablespoon of water on a second plate.
- Combine the breadcrumbs and Parmesan on a third plate.
- Dredge the chicken breasts on both sides in the flour mixture, then dip both sides into the egg mixture and roll in the bread-crumb mixture, pressing lightly to coat.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of butter and 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large saute pan and cook the chicken strips on medium-low heat for about 3 minutes on each side, until just cooked through.
- Don't crowd the pan.
- Add more butter and oil and cook the rest of the chicken breasts.
- Serve each strip on a skewer or stick.
- You can keep the chicken breasts warm for about 15 minutes on a sheet pan in a preheated 200 degree F oven.