From Barefoot Contessa Family Style cookbook, 2002.
Make and share this Barefoot Contessa's Parmesan Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- Pound the chicken breasts until they are 1/4 inch thick--you can use either a meat mallet or a rolling pin.
- Combine the flour, salt, and pepper on a dinner plate.
- In a bowl (big enough to dip the chicken), break the 2 eggs and whisk them together.
- On a second plate, combine the bread crumbs and 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese.
- Coat the chicken breasts on both sides with the flour mixture, then dip both sides into the egg mixture and dredge both sides in the bread crumb mixture, pressing lightly.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of butter and 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large saute pan and cook 2 or 3 chicken breasts on medium-low heat for 2 to 3 minutes on each side, until cooked through.
- Add more butter and oil and cook the rest of the chicken breasts.
- Serve with extra grated Parmesan cheese, if desired.
Great recipe. I added ground almonds to the Parmesan cheese and added a little Panko for crunch. I get requests for this all the time.
Only thing I do differently is use Panko bread crumbs instead of the dry bread crumbs and put a little salt and pepper directly on the chicken breasts (besides putting some in the seasoned flour).
This is one of my family's favorite recipes. For the adults, put salad on top with a lemon-vinagrette dressing.