From Barefoot Contessa Family Style cookbook, 2002.
Make and share this Barefoot Contessa's Parmesan Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- Pound the chicken breasts until they are 1/4 inch thick--you can use either a meat mallet or a rolling pin.
- Combine the flour, salt, and pepper on a dinner plate.
- In a bowl (big enough to dip the chicken), break the 2 eggs and whisk them together.
- On a second plate, combine the bread crumbs and 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese.
- Coat the chicken breasts on both sides with the flour mixture, then dip both sides into the egg mixture and dredge both sides in the bread crumb mixture, pressing lightly.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of butter and 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large saute pan and cook 2 or 3 chicken breasts on medium-low heat for 2 to 3 minutes on each side, until cooked through.
- Add more butter and oil and cook the rest of the chicken breasts.
- Serve with extra grated Parmesan cheese, if desired.