1/2 Photos of Barefoot Contessa's Parmesan Chicken
From Barefoot Contessa Family Style cookbook, 2002.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pound the chicken breasts until they are 1/4 inch thick--you can use either a meat mallet or a rolling pin.
- 2Combine the flour, salt, and pepper on a dinner plate.
- 3In a bowl (big enough to dip the chicken), break the 2 eggs and whisk them together.
- 4On a second plate, combine the bread crumbs and 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese.
- 5Coat the chicken breasts on both sides with the flour mixture, then dip both sides into the egg mixture and dredge both sides in the bread crumb mixture, pressing lightly.
- 6Heat 1 tablespoon of butter and 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large saute pan and cook 2 or 3 chicken breasts on medium-low heat for 2 to 3 minutes on each side, until cooked through.
- 7Add more butter and oil and cook the rest of the chicken breasts.
- 8Serve with extra grated Parmesan cheese, if desired.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Barefoot Contessa's Parmesan Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (192 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 296.1
- Calories from Fat 69
- Total Fat 7.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 152.3 mg
- Sodium 686.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 33.6 g