1/2 Photos of Barefoot Contessa's Parmesan Black Pepper Crackers -Ina Garten
I saw Ina make these on her cooking show. The episode was entitled "Bed and Breakfast". I made them and my husband said they are like a savory Parmesan cookie, because they are thicker than a cracker. They were super easy to make and taste nice! The house smelled of yummy parmesan, while they were baking.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place the butter in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment and mix until creamy. (**I think this is where personal preference and maybe even altitude will effect the outcome of these crackers. I started out with 1 stick of butter, then blended all the other ingredients together. The "dough" was too crumbly and looked like a struesel topping that you would put on top of muffins or a coffee cake. The one stick of butter is what Ina calls for in her recipe. I think this is a typo. I added another 1/2 stick of butter to the flour mixture, and then beat it with the paddle attachment on my mixer. This is when the "dough" balled up and looked right. So, I think this recipe needs between 1 stick and 1 1/2 sticks. You might even get by with 1 1/4 sticks.).
- 2Add the Parmesan, flour, salt, thyme and pepper and combine.
- 3Dump the dough on a lightly floured board and roll into a 13-inch long log.
- 4Wrap the log in plastic wrap and place in the freezer for 30 minutes to harden.
- 5Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- 6Cut the log crosswise into 1/4 to 1/2-inch thick slices.
- 7Place the slices on a sheet pan and bake for 22-25 minutes.
- 8**Cook time does not include freezing the dough for between 15-30 minutes (mine were hard enough to easily cut at 15 minutes).
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Barefoot Contessa's Parmesan Black Pepper Crackers -Ina Garten
Serving Size: 1 (415 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 72.0
- Calories from Fat 49
- Total Fat 5.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.4 g
- Cholesterol 14.7 mg
- Sodium 98.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 1.6 g