1/1 Photo of Barefoot Contessa's Panzanella Salad
From her book "Parties"
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 44.37 ml olive oil
- 1 small French bread, cut into 1-inch cubes (6 cups)
- 4.92 ml kosher salt
- 2 large firm ripe tomatoes, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 English cucumber, unpeeled, seeded, and sliced 1/2-inch thick
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 red onion, cut in 1/2 and thinly sliced
- 20 large basil leaves, coarsely chopped
- 44.37 ml capers, drained
- 1Heat the oil in a large saute pan.
- 2Add the bread and salt; cook over low to medium heat, tossing frequently, for 10 minutes, or until nicely browned.
- 3Add more oil as needed.
- 4For the Vinaigrette.
- 5Whisk all the ingredients together.
- 6In a large bowl, mix the tomatoes, cucumber, red pepper, yellow pepper, red onion, basil, and capers.
- 7Add the bread cubes and toss with the vinaigrette.
- 8Season liberally with salt and pepper.
- 9Serve, or allow the salad to sit for about half an hour for the flavors to blend.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Barefoot Contessa's Panzanella Salad
Serving Size: 1 (108 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 137.4
- Calories from Fat 113
- Total Fat 12.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 301.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 1.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: