1/8 Photos of Barefoot Contessa's Outrageous Oreo Crunch Brownies
1 hr 5 mins
These are legendary and full of sin.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups butter
- 1 lb semi-sweet chocolate chips (original recipe calls for 28 oz., I feel that is too much but I will leave that up to you)
- 6 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 6 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons instant coffee granules
- 2 tablespoons vanilla
- 2 1/4 cups sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups chopped Oreo cookies (50 cookies)
- 1Preheat oven to 350°.
- 2Butter and flour an 11" X 17" pan (I used a 9 X 13 and had thicker brownies).
- 3In a heat-proof medium bowl set over a saucepan of simmering water, heat butter, chocolate chips and unsweetened chocolate until melted and smooth. Allow to cool slightly.
- 4In a large bowl, whisk eggs, coffee, vanilla and sugar.
- 5Blend chocolate mixture into egg mixture; cool to room temperature.
- 6In a medium bowl, sift together one cup flour, baking powder and salt.
- 7Add flour mixture to chocolate mixture. In a small bowl, stir Oreos and remaining 1/4 cup flour.
- 8Add Oreo mixture to chocolate mixture.
- 9Pour batter into baking pan and smooth top with a rubber spatula.
- 10Bake 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted 3-inches from center comes out clean; do not overbake.
- 11Allow to cool. refrigerate, tightly wrapped, until cold; cut into squares.
- 12Share them with your friends and they will be forever indebted to you!
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Barefoot Contessa's Outrageous Oreo Crunch Brownies
Serving Size: 1 (134 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 669.0
- Calories from Fat 359
- Total Fat 39.9 g
- Saturated Fat 20.5 g
- Cholesterol 112.2 mg
- Sodium 546.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 78.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 53.6 g
- Protein 7.4 g