Recipe by riffraff
These are legendary and full of sin.
Top Review by Yia Yia
I originally submitted a 4 star review and I whined a little about the texture right out of the oven. Well, after I re-read the directions, I saw that you're supposed to put them in the refrigerator. Oh. my. goodness. These are stupendous!! The refrigerator step is essential! I took them to a lunch after church today and people seriously lost their minds over them. Next time I'll use a deeper 11x17 (I used like a jelly-roll pan), or a 9x13 + a 8x8. I was proud to offer them for dessert to new friends! Thanks riff-raff!
- 2 cups butter
- 1 lb semi-sweet chocolate chips (original recipe calls for 28 oz., I feel that is too much but I will leave that up to you)
- 6 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 6 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons instant coffee granules
- 2 tablespoons vanilla
- 2 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups chopped Oreo cookies (50 cookies)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Butter and flour an 11" X 17" pan (I used a 9 X 13 and had thicker brownies).
- In a heat-proof medium bowl set over a saucepan of simmering water, heat butter, chocolate chips and unsweetened chocolate until melted and smooth. Allow to cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, coffee, vanilla and sugar.
- Blend chocolate mixture into egg mixture; cool to room temperature.
- In a medium bowl, sift together one cup flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add flour mixture to chocolate mixture. In a small bowl, stir Oreos and remaining 1/4 cup flour.
- Add Oreo mixture to chocolate mixture.
- Pour batter into baking pan and smooth top with a rubber spatula.
- Bake 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted 3-inches from center comes out clean; do not overbake.
- Allow to cool. refrigerate, tightly wrapped, until cold; cut into squares.
- Share them with your friends and they will be forever indebted to you!