1/2 Photos of Barefoot Contessa's Orange Pound Cake
1 hr 5 mins
This is just busting with great orange flavor. I have always been fond of citrus cakes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 226.79 g unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 591.47 ml granulated sugar, divided
- 4 extra-large eggs, at room temperature
- 78.07 ml grated orange zest (6 oranges)
- 709.77 ml all-purpose flour
- 2.46 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- 4.92 ml kosher salt
- 177.44 ml freshly squeezed orange juice, divided
- 177.44 ml buttermilk, at room temperature
- 4.92 ml pure vanilla extract
- 1Preheat oven to 350°.
- 2Butter and flour 2 loaf pans.
- 3Cream butter and 2 cups of sugar in a bowl.
- 4Mix in eggs, one at a time; add zest.
- 5Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt together.
- 6In another bowl mix 1/4 cup orange juice, buttermilk and vanilla.
- 7Add flour and buttermilk mixture aternately to the batter, beginning and ending with flour.
- 8Divide between 2 pans and smooth the tops.
- 9Bake for 45 minutes or until tester comes out clean.
- 10Cool for 10 minutes.
- 11Make syrup while cake is baking.
- 12Syrup consists of remaining 1/2 cup sugar and 1/2 cup orange juice.
- 13Cooks these two together over low heat till the sugar is desolved.
- 14Spoon over cakes and then allow them to cool completely.
- 15You may glaze these cakes (after cooling) with a simple glaze but I don't usually.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Barefoot Contessa's Orange Pound Cake
Serving Size: 1 (1743 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2725.0
- Calories from Fat 950
- Total Fat 105.5 g
- Saturated Fat 62.6 g
- Cholesterol 664.3 mg
- Sodium 1553.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 412.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.9 g
- Sugars 262.9 g
- Protein 38.3 g