Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Saw this on the Contessa's show on the Food Network last night. She serves it with a standing rib roast. I think it has many possibilities, perhaps as a base for a dip with chipped beef? The whole-grain mustard adds great texture. I made this for Christmas to go with " Da Best" Chicago-Style Italian Beef ("da Best" Chicago-style Italian Beef) and it was a heavenly combination. This made a lot so I took one and a half cups of the sauce, added about one cup of shredded sharp cheddar cheese and 3 chopped hard-boiled eggs. It was a lovely dip for crackers.
- 1 1⁄2 cups mayonnaise, the good kind
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons whole grain mustard
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Whisk together the mayonnaise, mustards, horseradish, sour cream, and salt in a small bowl.
great sauce, loved it...