Recipe by Juenessa
From Barefoot Contessa Family Style cookbook, 2002. My kids love these mashed potatoes and request them often!
Top Review by Baby Kato
I love The Barefoot Contessa recipes and this one is no exception. Rich, decadent and dreamy... these mashed taters were amazing. I made them exactly as written, they were quick and really easy to make with excellent results. Served with corn and chicken for a memorable comfort meal. Made for What's on the Menu? Tag game 2017.
- 3 lbs white boiling potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1⁄4 lb unsalted butter
- 1⁄2-1 cup half-and-half
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the potatoes in a large pot of boiling salted water for 15 to 20 minutes, until very tender.
- Meanwhile, heat the butter and half-and-half in a small saucepan.
- Drain the potatoes.
- While still hot, place the potatoes in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment.
- With the mixer on low speed, slowly add the hot half-and-half mixture, the sour cream, 2 teaspoons salt, and the pepper.
- Mix until the potatoes are mashed but not completely smooth.
- Serve hot.