Recipe by Juenessa
I saw Ina make this on her food network cooking show. The episode was entitled "Bed and Breakfast". Cooking bacon in the oven instead of frying it on the stovetop is a very easy preparation method.
Top Review by soulever
I was looking for a decadent but easy way to have bacon for breakfast this morning, since I'm on vacation. I came across this recipe and decided this was simple enough to do. Followed exactly as posted, except the baking time in my oven was a bit longer. THE END RESULT IS AMAZING. It's like a crisp, bacon candy, yet not overly sweet! The biggest problem is that I made a lot, intending to just feed myself, and I ended up only getting a bacon and a half because they were raided by everyone. Next time I'm making this in quantity.
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place a baking rack on a sheet pan and arrange the bacon in 1 layer on the baking rack.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until the bacon begins to brown.
- Remove the pan carefully from the oven; there will be hot grease in the pan!
- Brush the bacon slices with maple syrup and bake for another 3 to 5 minutes, until the bacon is a warm golden brown.
- Transfer the bacon to a plate lined with paper towels and serve warm.