1/5 Photos of Barefoot Contessa's Lemon Yogurt Cake
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 1/3 cups sugar, divided
- 3 extra-large eggs
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest, grated (zest of 2 lemons)
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
For the glaze
- 1Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- 2Grease an 8 1/2 by 4 1/4 by 2 1/2-inch loaf pan. Line the bottom with parchment paper. Grease and flour the pan.
- 3Sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt into 1 bowl.
- 4In another bowl, whisk together the yogurt, 1 cup sugar, the eggs, lemon zest, and vanilla.
- 5Slowly whisk the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. With a rubber spatula, fold the vegetable oil into the batter, making sure it's all incorporated.
- 6Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for about 50 minutes, or until a cake tester placed in the center of the loaf comes out clean.
- 7Meanwhile, cook the 1/3 cup lemon juice and remaining 1/3 cup sugar in a small pan until the sugar dissolves and the mixture is clear. Set the lemon syrup aside.
- 8When the cake is done, allow it to cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Carefully place on a baking rack over a sheet pan. While the cake is still warm, pour the lemon-sugar syrup over the cake and allow it to soak inches Cool.
- 9For the glaze, combine the confectioners' sugar and lemon juice and pour over the cake.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Barefoot Contessa's Lemon Yogurt Cake
Serving Size: 1 (153 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 446.4
- Calories from Fat 151
- Total Fat 16.8 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Cholesterol 82.1 mg
- Sodium 244.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 69.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 49.9 g
- Protein 6.1 g