1/5 Photos of Barefoot Contessa's Lemon Yogurt Cake
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 1/3 cups sugar, divided
- 3 extra-large eggs
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest, grated (zest of 2 lemons)
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
For the glaze
- 1Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- 2Grease an 8 1/2 by 4 1/4 by 2 1/2-inch loaf pan. Line the bottom with parchment paper. Grease and flour the pan.
- 3Sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt into 1 bowl.
- 4In another bowl, whisk together the yogurt, 1 cup sugar, the eggs, lemon zest, and vanilla.
- 5Slowly whisk the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. With a rubber spatula, fold the vegetable oil into the batter, making sure it's all incorporated.
- 6Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for about 50 minutes, or until a cake tester placed in the center of the loaf comes out clean.
- 7Meanwhile, cook the 1/3 cup lemon juice and remaining 1/3 cup sugar in a small pan until the sugar dissolves and the mixture is clear. Set the lemon syrup aside.
- 8When the cake is done, allow it to cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Carefully place on a baking rack over a sheet pan. While the cake is still warm, pour the lemon-sugar syrup over the cake and allow it to soak inches Cool.
- 9For the glaze, combine the confectioners' sugar and lemon juice and pour over the cake.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Barefoot Contessa's Lemon Yogurt Cake
Serving Size: 1 (153 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 446.4
- Calories from Fat 151
- Total Fat 16.8 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Cholesterol 82.1 mg
- Sodium 244.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 69.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 49.9 g
- Protein 6.1 g