Recipe by Oolala
SO many good hummus recipes--here is another! Note: lemons at room temperature produce more juice than cold lemons!
Top Review by mama smurf
Made this for Zaar Chef Alphabet Soup Jan-June 2012 tag game and I'm soooo glad I picked this recipe! Delicious!! I followed the instructions except for the Tabasco (didn't realize we were out) so I used wasabi as a previous reviewer did and I had a fresh meyer lemon from our tree that I used. Will be using this recipe again. Thank you for submitting. Served with fresh toasted pita bread.
- 2 cups canned chick-peas, drained, liquid reserved
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄3 cup tahini (sesame paste)
- 6 tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice (approx 2 lemons)
- 2 tablespoons water (or liquid from the chickpeas)
- 8 dashes Tabasco sauce
- Place all ingredients in the bowl of a food processor fitted with a steel blade and process until hummus is coarsely pureed.
- Serve chilled or at room temperature.