Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 mins
SO many good hummus recipes--here is another! Note: lemons at room temperature produce more juice than cold lemons!
- 2 cups canned chick-peas, drained, liquid reserved
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄3 cup tahini (sesame paste)
- 6 tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice (approx 2 lemons)
- 2 tablespoons water (or liquid from the chickpeas)
- 8 dashes Tabasco sauce
- Place all ingredients in the bowl of a food processor fitted with a steel blade and process until hummus is coarsely pureed.
- Serve chilled or at room temperature.
Made this for Zaar Chef Alphabet Soup Jan-June 2012 tag game and I'm soooo glad I picked this recipe! Delicious!! I followed the instructions except for the Tabasco (didn't realize we were out) so I used wasabi as a previous reviewer did and I had a fresh meyer lemon from our tree that I used. Will be using this recipe again. Thank you for submitting. Served with fresh toasted pita bread.
Pretty good, used wasabi instead of the tabasco for the heat and it added heat and freshness at the same time, used chicken broth instead of water for more flavor, wonderful taste for me. My DH said it was too lemony for him. Thanks for sharing!