Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 mins
SO many good hummus recipes--here is another! Note: lemons at room temperature produce more juice than cold lemons!
- 2 cups canned chick-peas, drained, liquid reserved
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄3 cup tahini (sesame paste)
- 6 tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice (approx 2 lemons)
- 2 tablespoons water (or liquid from the chickpeas)
- 8 dashes Tabasco sauce
- Place all ingredients in the bowl of a food processor fitted with a steel blade and process until hummus is coarsely pureed.
- Serve chilled or at room temperature.
Made this for Zaar Chef Alphabet Soup Jan-June 2012 tag game and I'm soooo glad I picked this recipe! Delicious!! I followed the instructions except for the Tabasco (didn't realize we were out) so I used wasabi as a previous reviewer did and I had a fresh meyer lemon from our tree that I used. Will be using this recipe again. Thank you for submitting. Served with fresh toasted pita bread.
This is my go-to hummus recipe. Fresh lemon is essential. If you don't like the chunky texture, just use some more water to thin it down to your liking. Especially yummy with the addition of some smoked paprika!