1/1 Photo of Barefoot Contessa's Grilled Leg of Lamb With Roasted Fruit
1 hr 25 mins
This is an Easter favorite in my home. Grilled lamb with the oven roasted fruit is an excellent choice and a nice change from mint jelly or "white sauce". Have the butcher butterfly it to save you the time and hassle.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs regular plain yogurt or 2 lbs low-fat yogurt
- 1/2 cup olive oil, plus more for brushing
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice (3 lemons)
- 3/4 cup whole fresh rosemary leaf (2 large bunches)
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 (5 lb) butterflied leg of lamb (9 pounds bone-in)
oven roasted fruit
- 2Combine the yogurt, olive oil, lemon zest and juice, rosemary, salt, and pepper in a large non-reactive bowl.
- 3Add the lamb, making sure it is covered with marinade.
- 4Marinate in the refrigerator, covered, overnight or for up to 3 days.
- 5Bring the lamb to room temperature.
- 6Prepare a charcoal grill with hot coals.
- 7Scrape the marinade off the lamb, wipe the meat with paper towels, and season it generously with salt and pepper.
- 8Brush the grill with oil to keep the lamb from sticking, and grill on both sides until the internal temperature is 120 to 125 degrees for rare.
- 9This will take 40 minutes to 1 hour, depending on how hot the grill is.
- 10Remove the lamb to a cutting board, cover with aluminum foil, and allow to rest for 20 minutes.
- 11slice and serve with oven roasted fruit.
- 12Oven Roasted Fruit;.
- 13Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- 14Place the peaches and plums snugly in a single layer, cut side up, in 2 glass or porcelain oven-proof baking dishes.
- 15Sprinkle with the sugar, and then top with the raspberries.
- 16Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until tender.
- 17Heat the broiler and place the fruit about 5 inches below the heat and broil for 5 to 8 minutes, until the berries release some of their juices.
- 18Remove from the broiler and sprinkle with orange juice.
- 19Serve warm, at room temperature, or chilled over grilled lamb.
Browse Our Top Lamb/Sheep Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lamb/Sheep Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Barefoot Contessa's Grilled Leg of Lamb With Roasted Fruit
Serving Size: 1 (426 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 705.1
- Calories from Fat 304
- Total Fat 33.8 g
- Saturated Fat 10.8 g
- Cholesterol 193.3 mg
- Sodium 716.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 30.8 g
- Protein 63.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lemons, zest of