Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
from her Foolproof cookbook
Make and share this Barefoot Contessa's Ginger Mascarpone Frosting for Carrot Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 12 ounces italian mascarpone cheese, at room temperature
- 4 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2 cups sifted confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1⁄3 cup minced crystallized ginger (not in syrup)
- 1⁄3 teaspoon kosher salt
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the mascarpone, cream cheese, confectioner's sugar, cream and vanilla together for about 1 minute, until light and fluffy.
- Add the ginger and salt and beat for 30 seconds more.