From her cookbook Barefoot Contessa at Home
Make and share this Barefoot Contessa's Crunchy Noodle Salad recipe from Food.com.
- kosher salt
- 1⁄2 lb thin spaghetti
- 1 lb sugar snap pea
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup rice vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons dark sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 2 tablespoons white sesame seeds, toasted
- 1⁄2 cup smooth peanut butter
- 4 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 red bell peppers, cored and seeded, and thinly sliced
- 4 scallions, sliced diagonally (white and green parts)
- 1 tablespoon white sesame seeds, toasted
- 3 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the spaghetti and cook according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, bring another large pot of salted water to a boil, add the sugar snap peas, return to a boil, and cook for 3 minutes, until crisp tender. Lift the sugar snap peas from the water with a slotted spoon and immerse them in a bowl of ice water. Drain.
- For the dressing, whisk together the vegetable oil, rice vinegar, soy sauce, sesame oil, honey, garlic, ginger, 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, peanut butter, salt and the pepper, in a medium bowl.
- Combine the spaghetti, sugar snap peas, peppers and scallions in a large bowl. Pour the dressing over the spaghetti mixture. Add the scallions and the parsley and mix again.