Recipe by Irish Rose
Here's another one of Ina Garten's fabulous recipes. We had it for dinner and it was succulent!
Top Review by Tammy Beck Holmes
It's not to hard to make this a 5 star. To begin you only need about 3/4 cup flour and less then a cup of the seasoned bread crumbs. Put the oven on like 195, I wouldn't go any higher. In the sauce add 1/2 cup chicken stock, 2 minced garlic cloves and 2 tablespoons of cappers right at the end. Instead of regular butter, use kerrigold herbed butter. I served on a small bed of al dente thin spaghetti and a side of lightly steamed broccoli (I always steam with chicken stock). End with parsley and light sprinkle of grated parmesan. It was 5 star!!! Next time I will remember a picture ;-)
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup flour
- 2 extra large eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups seasoned dry bread crumbs
- olive oil
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1⁄3 cup fresh lemon juice, reserve the lemon halves
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- fresh parsley, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 275 and line sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Place each chicken breast between 2 sheets of parchment paper and pound to 1/4 inch thick. Sprinkle both sides with salt and pepper.
- Mix the flour, 1 teaspoons salt and 1/2 teaspoons pepper in shallow plate. In a second plate, beat the eggs with 1 Tbls. water. Place the breadcrumbs on a third plate.
- Dip each breast first in the flour, shake off the excess and then dip in egg and then bread crumb mixture.
- Heat 2 Tbls. olive oil in large saute pan over medium heat. Add 2 chicken breasts and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side until browned. Place them on lined pan and place in oven while you cook the rest of the chicken. Heat more olive oil in saute pan and cook the second 2 chicken breasts. Place them on the same lined pan and place in oven for 5-10 minutes while you make the sauce.
- For the sauce, wipe out the saute pan with a dry paper towel. On medium heat, melt 1 Tbls. of the butter and then add the lemon juice, white wine, the reserved lemon halves, 1/2 teaspoons salt and 1/4 teaspoons pepper.
- Boil sauce over high heat until reduced by half which will be about 2 minutes. Remove from heat and add remaining 2 Tbls. butter and swirl to combine. Discard the lemon halves. Serve one chicken breast on each plate and spoon on the sauce with a sprinkling of fresh parsley.