1/1 Photo of Barefoot Contessa's Caramelized Onions
These are wonderful on top of a hamburger.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut the onions in half and then slice them into 1/8-inch thick half-rounds. (You will have about 3 cups of onions.)
- 2Heat the butter and oil in a large saute pan over medium heat.
- 3Add the onions, cayenne, salt, and pepper and saute for 10 minutes.
- 4Reduce the heat to medium-low and cook, stirring occasionally, for 20 more minutes until the onions are browned and caramelized.
Browse Our Top Garnishes Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Barefoot Contessa's Caramelized Onions
Serving Size: 1 (418 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 679.4
- Calories from Fat 605
- Total Fat 67.2 g
- Saturated Fat 24.2 g
- Cholesterol 81.4 mg
- Sodium 1173.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 8.6 g
- Protein 2.2 g