1/1 Photo of Barefoot Contessa's Caramelized Onions
These are wonderful on top of a hamburger.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut the onions in half and then slice them into 1/8-inch thick half-rounds. (You will have about 3 cups of onions.)
- 2Heat the butter and oil in a large saute pan over medium heat.
- 3Add the onions, cayenne, salt, and pepper and saute for 10 minutes.
- 4Reduce the heat to medium-low and cook, stirring occasionally, for 20 more minutes until the onions are browned and caramelized.
Browse Our Top Garnishes Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Garnishes Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Barefoot Contessa's Caramelized Onions
Serving Size: 1 (418 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 679.4
- Calories from Fat 605
- Total Fat 67.2 g
- Saturated Fat 24.2 g
- Cholesterol 81.4 mg
- Sodium 1173.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 8.6 g
- Protein 2.2 g