Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 5 mins
From Barefoot Contessa at Home cookbook.
- 2 chicken breast halves (bone in, skin on)
- olive oil
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 4 ounces pancetta
- 1 large garlic clove, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons anchovy paste
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 large ciabatta
- 2 ounces baby arugula, washed and spun dry
- 12 sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil
- 2 -3 ounces parmesan cheese, shaved
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place the chicken breasts on a sheet pan skin side up.
- Rub the chicken with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Roast for 35 to 40 minutes, until cooked through.
- Cool slightly, discard the skin and bones, and slice the meat thickly.
- Set aside.
- Meanwhile, place the pancetta on another sheet pan in a single layer.
- Roast for 10 to 15 minutes, until crisp.
- Set aside to drain on paper towels.
- Place the garlic and parsley in the bowl of a food processor fitted with a steel blade and process until minced.
- Add the anchovy paste, mustard, lemon juice, and mayonnaise and process again to make a smooth dressing. (Refrigerate the Caesar dressing if not using it immediately.).
- Slice the ciabatta in half horizontally and separate the top from the bottom.
- Toast the bread in the oven, cut side up, for 5 to 7 minutes; cool slightly.
- Spread the cut sides of each piece with the Caesar dressing.
- Place half the arugula on the bottom piece of bread and then layer in order: the sun-dried tomatoes, shaved Parmesan, crispy pancetta, and sliced chicken.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper and finish with another layer of arugula.
- Place the top slice of ciabatta on top and cut in thirds crosswise.
- Serve at room temperature.