From Barefoot in Paris, 2004. This dessert is very elegant and rich. If you don't have a tart pan, use a springform pan or even a pie plate--which is what Ina used when she made it on her cooking show.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Grease and flour a 9-inch tart pan with removable sides.
- 2Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- 3Melt the butter in a bowl set over simmering water.
- 4Add 2 cups of the chocolate chips, remove from the heat, and stir until the chocolate melts.
- 5Set aside to cool completely.
- 6In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the eggs, sugar, coffee, and vanilla on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Stir in the cooled chocolate.
- 7In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt, 1 cup of the chocolate chips, and the walnuts.
- 8Fold the flour mixture into the batter until just combined.
- 9Pour into the pan and bake for 35 to 40 minutes, until the center is puffed (the top may crack).
- 10The inside will still be very soft.
- 11Cool to room temperature before removing the sides of the tart pan.
- 12Melt the remaining 1/4 cup of chocolate chips with the heavy cream and drizzle on the tart.
Browse Our Top Pies and Tarts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pies and Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Barefoot Contessa's Brownie Tart
Serving Size: 1 (152 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 671.4
- Calories from Fat 380
- Total Fat 42.2 g
- Saturated Fat 20.0 g
- Cholesterol 120.0 mg
- Sodium 107.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 76.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.2 g
- Sugars 62.7 g
- Protein 8.8 g