Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From Barefoot in Paris, 2004. This dessert is very elegant and rich. If you don't have a tart pan, use a springform pan or even a pie plate--which is what Ina used when she made it on her cooking show.
- Grease and flour a 9-inch tart pan with removable sides.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Melt the butter in a bowl set over simmering water.
- Add 2 cups of the chocolate chips, remove from the heat, and stir until the chocolate melts.
- Set aside to cool completely.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the eggs, sugar, coffee, and vanilla on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Stir in the cooled chocolate.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt, 1 cup of the chocolate chips, and the walnuts.
- Fold the flour mixture into the batter until just combined.
- Pour into the pan and bake for 35 to 40 minutes, until the center is puffed (the top may crack).
- The inside will still be very soft.
- Cool to room temperature before removing the sides of the tart pan.
- Melt the remaining 1/4 cup of chocolate chips with the heavy cream and drizzle on the tart.