1 hr 10 mins
I saw Ina make this on her food network television show. The episode was "Bed and Breakfast".
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2In a medium bowl, whisk together the whole eggs, egg yolks, half-and-half, honey, vanilla, orange zest, and salt.
- 3Set aside.
- 4Slice the brioche loaf into 6 (1-inch) thick pieces.
- 5Lay half brioche slices flat in a 9 by 14 by 2-inch oval baking dish.
- 6Spread the raisins on top of the brioche slices, and place the remaining slices on top.
- 7Make sure that the raisins are between the layers of brioche or they will burn while baking.
- 8Pour the egg mixture over the bread and allow to soak for 15 minutes, pressing down gently.
- 9Bake for 55 to 60 minutes or until the pudding puffs up and the custard is set.
- 10Remove from the oven and cool slightly before serving.
- 11**Active prep time does not include allowing the egg and bread mixture to soak for 15 minutes before baking.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Barefoot Contessa's Breakfast Bread Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (267 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 238.3
- Calories from Fat 121
- Total Fat 13.4 g
- Saturated Fat 6.9 g
- Cholesterol 233.7 mg
- Sodium 194.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 17.4 g
- Protein 7.8 g