Recipe by Juenessa
I saw Ina make this on her food network television show. The episode was "Bed and Breakfast".
- 5 extra-large eggs (whole eggs)
- 2 extra-large egg yolks
- 2 1⁄2 cups half-and-half
- 1⁄3 cup honey
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons orange zest (2 oranges)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 loaf brioche bread
- 1⁄2 cup golden raisin
- maple syrup, to serve
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the whole eggs, egg yolks, half-and-half, honey, vanilla, orange zest, and salt.
- Set aside.
- Slice the brioche loaf into 6 (1-inch) thick pieces.
- Lay half brioche slices flat in a 9 by 14 by 2-inch oval baking dish.
- Spread the raisins on top of the brioche slices, and place the remaining slices on top.
- Make sure that the raisins are between the layers of brioche or they will burn while baking.
- Pour the egg mixture over the bread and allow to soak for 15 minutes, pressing down gently.
- Bake for 55 to 60 minutes or until the pudding puffs up and the custard is set.
- Remove from the oven and cool slightly before serving.
- **Active prep time does not include allowing the egg and bread mixture to soak for 15 minutes before baking.